12 weeks to your best MTB race (with workout builder)
Dion GuyAll plans by this Coach
This plan is an intermediate to advanced plan specifically focusing on power development for MTB's. It can be used as a base plan before commencing with a specificity block if need be.
It is ideally suited for endurance cyclists specifically mountain bikers focusing on stage races and or ultra events leading to an event,
Time needed is between 9 to 11 hours per week to train.
Prior to this plan you should have a good level of fitness and have been training consistently for 10+ weeks for a minimum of 6 to 8 hours/week. The plan recommends a ramp test prior to starting the training plan.
This plan has been successfully used over the last year to place a number of athletes on the podium in ultra endurance events and stage races
The benefits of completing this plan will be:
• Improvement in FTP/Anaerobic Threshold
• Improvement in Aerobic Threshold
• Decrease in vlamax
• Increase in VO2max through increased training volume
• Increased fat utilisation/oxidation
• This training plan starts on a Monday
• The plan is reusable an unlimited amount of times
• This plan works with power only (no heart rate zones)
• Designed with the new Workout Builder - offering you more precise training with power ranges calculated automatically from your threshold power (FTP) saved in TrainingPeaks settings
• Download each session automatically to your Garmin or Wahoo device
• Download each session in many different files formats compatible with Zwift, Wahoo, TrainerRoad, Rouvy and more
Purchasing this plan includes:
• Email support and access to our training community for the duration of the plan (tips on nutrition, race day preparation, emerging training science etc)
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?