8 weeks to Aerobic Improvement for Ultra Endurance cyclists (with workout builder)
Dion GuyAll plans by this Coach
This plan is an advanced plan specifically focusing on Aerobic Power development. It can be used as a base plan before commencing with a specificity block to improve Anaerobic Power. It is ideally suited for ultra endurance cyclists leading to an event, who have between 12 to 15 hours per week to train.
Prior to this plan you should have a good level of fitness and have been training consistently for 10+ weeks for a minimum of 8 to 10 hours/week. The plan recommends a ramp test prior to starting the training plan.
This plan has been successfully over the last year to place a number of athletes on the podium in ultra endurance (200 km to 2000 km) events both locally and internationally.
The benefits of completing this plan will be:
• Improvement in FTP/Anaerobic Threshold
• Improvement in Aerobic Threshold
• Decrease in vlamax
• Increase in VO2max through increased training volume
• Increased fat utilisation/oxidation
• This training plan starts on a Monday
• The plan is reusable an unlimited amount of times
• This plan works with power only (no heart rate zones)
• Designed with the new Workout Builder - offering you more precise training with power ranges calculated automatically from your threshold power (FTP) saved in TrainingPeaks settings
• Download each session automatically to your Garmin or Wahoo device
• Download each session in many different files formats compatible with Zwift, Wahoo, TrainerRoad, Rouvy and more
Purchasing this plan includes:
• Email support and access to our training community for 2 months (tips on nutrition, race day preparation, emerging training science etc)
Please direct any questions to email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?