MTB PhDAll plans by this Coach
For many mountain bikers, training is a bit of a mystery. And a lot of us have the same kinds of questions for training.
What weaknesses should I be addressing in my fitness training? How should a typical week look? How many weeks in a row should I do this? When should I rest?
This plan is one 4-week block that addresses all of these questions. These are the same kinds of workouts that I use with professional and beginner athletes.
This plan works on specific fitness limiters for both XC and Enduro Racers in only 4 days of the week. Of these 4 days two are fun trail rides and two are specific interval sessions! It's awesome! This is especially good for those with limited time available to exercise.
First, you will test your fitness. The plan then goes on through 3 full weeks of training. The plan finishes with a structured recovery week and a post-training fitness test.
This particular plan is optimized for training with heart rate, and each workout delivers specific heart rate zones to utilize for maximum benefit.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.