MultiSportCoaching.co.zaAll plans by this Coach
A training plan for an intermediate Mountain Biker wanting a training plan to prepare them for an Ultra Marathon distance (100km plus) mountain bike race.
The training starts at 6 hours and 51 minutes a week and builds to a maximum of 13 hours and 58 minutes per week.
The plan is based on %MHR (Maximum Heart Rate) so you will require a heart rate monitor.
This is the newest version of this training plan.
Together with this plan, you get both sport-specific flexibility and core strengthing plans.
You will have access to our FREE training tools to help you set up your training zones accurately.
Week 1 - Test week
Weeks 2 to 8 - Basic endurance training
Weeks 9 to 14 - Increase in volume and intensity
Week 15 - Taper Week
Week 16 - Race Week
For the bike test:
You will need to have access to an Indoor trainer or WattBike for the FTP test and retest.
##Must have a Heart Rate Monitor.
If you have any questions, schedule a FREE virtual consultation through our website.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.