Frank Overton, FasCat CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This 6 week plan for the athlete wanting to target the Bailey Hundo 100 Mile MTB Race.
The "Hundo" requires climbing prowess, combined with high speed descending ability, and this plan works to target both.
The plan is designed for athletes who work a full time job, with short structured workouts Monday-Friday and longer endurance rides on the weekend. You will build aerobic endurance and power through tempo, sweet spot, and threshold efforts, but with a little bit of everything dosed throughout to have you arriving on the start line firing on all cylinders!
You'll start and finish the 6 weeks with a Field Test to set your training zones via the included FasCat Wattage and Heart Rate Zones Sheet. This way you'll be sure to ride at the correct efforts and you can measure your improvement too! Plus, this plan includes all the "marginal gains" details to get even faster: Recovery Techniques, Rest Days, Yoga, Foundations, and best of all, Strength and Conditioning - all you need is a physical therapy style rubber band and MOTIVATION! There are instructional videos in the plan for you to follow along at home.
This Intermediate plan is for the rider with 1-1.5 hours a day to ride during the week and 1-3 hours on the weekend.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.