100 Mile finisher Plan
Matty GrahamAll plans by this Coach
There are no two ways about it, 100 Milers are HARD.
But I find that for most people the hardest part is finding the finding time for training.
While professional athletes can spend all day training those with other commitments such as work and family need to be a little 'smarter' with their training approach.
All too often competitors start 100 Mile races ill prepared for the challenge that lies ahead of them due to ineffective training and fail to reach their full potential or even enjoy the ride.
While on the flip side, many competitors line up exhausted, injured or over-trained due to unstructured training and are not able to realise their full potential either.
Who is this plan for?
I have designed this plan for those who have got some experience with endurance riding and are tackling their first or second 100 mile race with the aim of finishing to the best of their abilities.
What this plan includes?
• Free Basic Training Peaks account so you can access your plan from your computer or smart phone with the FREE Training Peaks App or print out a hard copy.
• A 12 week progressive periodised training plan designed specifically to prepare you for a 100 Mile MTB race
• Daily email reminders about your training sessions
• Detailed daily training sessions to develop specific fitness and skills for a 100 Mile MTB race
• Field testing notes to calculate your personalised heart rate training zones
This plan has been designed to maximise your training time while making sure you are comfortable on the bike for such a long endurance race.
This is done through a combination of steady aerobic training, high-intensity intervals and metabolic efficiency sessions so you arrive on race day ready to roll.
The weekly training durations range between 5.5 and 12.5 hours during your load weeks with the average load week clocking in at 9 hours.
While during your recovery weeks your training duration will range between 2.5 and 5 hours averaging 4 hours over the 4 recovery weeks during the build up.
Receive the following free bonuses
Bonus 1: Free bonus: 100 Mile Strength Plan
•This strength plan is designed to prevent injuries and maintain correct functional movement which can become a problem with endurance athletes during high volume training. The plan includes technique photos and cues to make sure you are performing the exercises correctly.
Bonus 2: Free bonus: 100 Mile Nutrition Guide
•This 4 page e-guide highlights the key areas that you need to focus on with your training and race day nutrition.
If you were to get this training plan, training sessions and tips outlined in this training system + the bonus material personally from Sport Scientist and Performance Coach Matty Graham through Exponential Performance Coaching the cost would be in excess of $800.
However, you will not pay anywhere near this.
You can get all of this for only $49.99 USD
Which works out at less than $5.00 per week or training
100 Mile MTB 12-week plan via Training Peaks, Training Notes e-book.
100 Mile Strength Plan and 100 Mile Nutrition Guide e-book
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?