Track 8 Weeks All-Arounder
Hunter Allen & Peaks Coaching GroupAll plans by this Coach
Track 8 Weeks All-Arounder is an 8 week plan designed for the Cyclist who trains with power, HR (Heart Rate), or RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) and can train 9:15-11:30 hours per week (excluding Rest Weeks). You will need to be able to devote between 3:30-4:30 hours to training on your weekends.
This training plan includes a medley of workouts that engage all of the physiological systems, with an increasing emphasis on AC (Anaerobic Capacity) efforts as the plan progresses. The plan also includes a a steady dose of strength workouts each week until 10 days before your event with the aim of increasing your leg strength so you can really torque those pedals!
While this plan assumes that you have at least a some experience racing or riding on the track and have access to a velodrome at least once a week, track experience and accessibility are not entirely necessary as all of the track workouts can be performed on a road bike.
This is the plan that will allow you to compete on the track!
Designed and written by Hunter Allen, former pro cyclist, co-Founder of Training Peaks and WKO, co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter and Cutting-Edge Cycling and Founder and CEO of Peaks Coaching Group. The Workouts included in these pioneering and ruthlessly vetted Training Plans are the same Workouts that Hunter uses with his own Clients. Battle tested and podium approved.
Discover the benefits of a Peaks Coaching Group Training Plan
• All plans are backed by Peaks Coaching Group’s 100% Money Back Guarantee...
• Most are designed and written by Hunter Allen, one of the world’s leading experts on power training...
• Exclusive Membership to our private PCG Training Plan Facebook Group...
• Our Plans meet the needs of Cyclists and Endurance Athletes of all abilities...
Still have questions? E-mail Hunter Allen
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|9:45 hrs||2:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:39 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||9:45 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||0:39 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?