Kevin MallonAll plans by this Coach
Are you looking to take your cycling to the next level? This builder has helped beginners, Cat 2-5 cyclists, Kona qualifiers and pro triathletes improve their FTP by as much as 25 watts in 8 short weeks.
This is a challenging 8-week FTP builder for an intermediate to advanced athlete. Week one starts off strong with with just over 7 hours of cycling specific workouts. The first 2 weeks it builds into a REALLY hard 3rd week of cycling of right at 9 hours and 500tss. You will then have an easy week and do it all again.
Weeks 1, 2, 5 and 6 will have one VO2 Max workout and one Sweet Spot/Threshold workout. Weeks 3 and 7 will have four very hard days with two easy recovery days. On the final week you will FTP Test to see your improvement!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?