Jeff WinklerAll plans by this Coach
Thanks for checking out one of my training plans! I'd love to start working with you.
This plan is for those who have done some eRacing (Zwift/RGT) and are now ready to take it up notch. The workload is moderate (8-10hrs/week) with a focus on being fresh to race every weekend. Focusing your races on the same day(s) of the week allows you to organize your training and reserve a day or 2 for specific work. Too much racing leaves little time for additional quality workouts and may lead to a lack of diversity in your training.
Racing will be a key part of your improvement (you are not just training to race, but racing as training).
This plan assumes you'll primarily be training indoors. Many of the rides can be replicated outside and it may be preferable to do your longer rides outdoors.
If you want to add a 2nd race to this schedule, Wednesday is the best option. This is okay from time-to-time. eRacing efforts can be somewhat unidimensional so you don't want to race all the time or important training intensities will be absent from your program
This block can be repeated as many times as you'd like.
Not sure if this is the right plan for you? Confused about how to string together multiple plans or pick a plan for multiple goals? The Unlimited Training Plan Subscription might be the right answer for you. For a monthly fee you have access to all Winkler Cycling training plans and regular consultations with Coach Winkler to pick the right plan and keep your training on track.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.