King of Zwift - beginner level - training plan to optimise your indoor racing
About this training plan
This training plan is constructed by Kasper Hartl Hansen, EREPS certified personal trainer with specialty in cycling. The purpose of this training plan is to offer a 4 months indoor regimen to prepare the beginner level racer for Zwift racing, by increasing threshold and VO2max plus recovery and repeatability in both areas. This is done through three efficient, intense and fun weekly workouts.
The workouts in this training plan are scheduled and focused with the clear objective to maximise increased aerobic capacity, muscular endurance and anaerobic repeatability, through:
1. Short and highly intense interval workouts at VO2max and threshold intensities.
2. Longer sub-threshold workouts putting demands on and expanding the muscular capacity.
3. Repeated anaerobic efforts after sub-optimal recovery intensities in order to ensure repeatability under race-like conditions.
- Power meter (or indoor trainer with power meter capability) and heart rate monitor are required in order to follow this training plan.
- Three weekly workouts.
- Structured workouts.
- Thorough explanations of workouts as well as comments and pointers throughout the training plan.
- E-mail support with the responsible coach if you have questions to the plan: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a more customised plan meeting your specific requirements, contact the coach for a consultation in order to secure a made-to-fit version. Cost of consultation + a made-to-fit plan = 37,5 USD. Offer only applicable to customers holding a current training plan.
More from Optimum Performance Coaching
We offer a broad range of training plans for cyclists. All training plans are based on tested principles supported by experience, professional insight and scientific evidens. Read more about Optimum on the website (supports translator) www.optimumcoaching.dk. Here you will also find the blog, Baroudeur, with a broad catalogue of content from training, nutrition and recovery and much more.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x4
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.