Indoor Base Training Plan - Building aerobic engines efficiently
Kasper HansenAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
About this training plan
This training plan is constructed by Kasper Hartl Hansen, EREPS certified personal trainer with specialty in cycling. The purpose of this training plan is to offer a 3 months indoor regimen to build aerobic base fitness for the beginner, intermediate and master athlete. This is done through four efficient weekly workouts offering a base plan that is digestible for the time crunched athlete as well for those who wish to see the winter through without compromising base fitness and without risking bikes and bones on snow clad roads.
The workouts in this training plan are scheduled and focused with the clear objective to maximise aerobic endurance, through:
1. Semi-long to long intervals at Sweetspot intensity (sub-threshold).
2. Long intervals at aerobic endurance intensity.
- Power meter (or indoor trainer with power meter capability) and heart rate monitor are required in order to follow this training plan.
- Four weekly workouts.
- Structured workouts.
- Thorough explanations of workouts as well as comments and pointers throughout the training plan.
- E-mail support with the responsible coach if you have questions to the plan: email@example.com
- Discount on strength training plan of 25% when signing up for this plan.
- Discount on subsequent FTP Booster plan of 25% when signing up for this plan.
For a more customised plan meeting your specific requirements, contact the coach for a consultation in order to secure a made-to-fit version. Cost of consultation + a made-to-fit plan = 30 USD. Offer only applicable to customers holding a current training plan.
More from Optimum Performance Coaching
We offer a broad range of training plans for cyclists. All training plans are based on tested principles supported by experience, professional insight and scientific evidens. Read more about Optimum on the website (supports translator) www.optimumcoaching.dk. Here you will also find the blog, Baroudeur, with a broad catalogue of content from training, nutrition and recovery and much more.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:39 hrs||2:01 hrs|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:39 hrs||2:01 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter