GCN Training | Increase Your FTP
Global Cycling NetworkAll plans by this Coach
Looking to make significant improvements in your Functional Threshold Power - FTP, then look no further!
Over the course of the 12 weeks your training will be broken down into 5 bike workouts each week and 1 off the bike session and optional group rides. This could vary from a yoga session to a core workout or some strength and conditioning. Time on the bike is less relevant in this plan as we are looking at power gains, as such, the duration of each week is relatively low. Focusing on quality over quantity. There is a strong focus on intensity around FTP by the end, but the first two blocks will be about preparing the body to cope with those demands. This plan is designed to be completed 100% indoors. By the end of this plan you should be seeing the value of consistent and structured training.
Not only will you have an amazing plan to complete, you’ll also be able to view an exclusive link to watch one of our GCN presenters guide you through your training coming up that week, supported with their real life experiences and tips. The plan is designed to start on a Monday, but of course can be adapted around your own schedule. In addition, you’ll be invited to an exclusive GCN Training Facebook group to share all your training related questions & tips with the GCN Community. These will be answered by cycling coaches and professionals.
Interested? Here’s Hank to tell you more: https://youtu.be/7HmezRK82Mw
- After you finish the plan, you should consider repeating week one to see how far you have progressed.
- All the sessions you will do come with comprehensive instructions with full power and cadence targets (where applicable).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:52 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|0:15 hrs||0:35 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:52 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||0:15 hrs||0:35 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?