4 week indoor power boost (heart rate)
Alan ChorleyAll plans by this Coach
This 4 week plan is intended for those wanting indoor turbo trainer sessions of around an hour's duration.
The heart rate based sessions are perfect for who do not want to do long indoor sessions and so want the best return for the limited time on the turbo.
The plan is designed by a University sports scientist and focuses on the 3 main physiological aspects of endurance training - Improving neuromuscular efficiency; Increasing VO2max; and increasing the fraction of VO2max that can be sustained (i.e. improving FTP). The plan is arranged to provide a tangible improvement over a short period, and also to set the foundation for ongoing improvements in subsequent training.
Ideal for those in a covid-19 \ coronavirus lockdown or those who simply prefer to train indoors.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:39 hrs||1:15 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:39 hrs||1:15 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?