12 week Cycling Winter Training Program (Power)
Gyl GoldenAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week Training Plan is power based and offers one added bonus week. The plan is developed for cyclists who while leading a busy life can fit in 5 days/week of training, with typically 1-2 hours available Monday to Friday and 2-4 hours available on Saturdays and Sundays, for an average of 7-11 hours/week.
The plan builds with 3-week training blocks followed by an easier week of 6-7 hours before starting the next 3-week block. The goal of this training plan is for you to build a strong base of fitness and great threshold power with just 12 weeks of focused and highly effective training. Cycle drills, muscle activation exercises, fasted cycle training as well as optional endurance rides are included in this program. Before starting the plan you should have a good level of fitness and be accustomed to training 4/5 hours/week.
This plan includes email support from Coach Gyl. Do you have questions? Are you training for another race or personal improvement goal? Just visit us at goldentriathloncoaching.com or email Gyl at: email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?