v3.1 - 24-Week BASE BUILDER, Low Volume: Structured Cycling & Individualized Strength Program
Cody Waite, Waite EnduranceAll plans by this Coach
24-Week (Low Volume) Base Builder Cycling & Strength Progression - v3.1
Written by Cody Waite, of Waite Endurance
NEW for 2019 is our most comprehensive 24-week Base Builder Training Plan for Low Volume athletes. Complete with our updated Trainer Series Program & ALL NEW Strength Progression Program.
You're looking at SIX MONTHS of progressive training to build your complete fitness base through the off-season. Build your Base over 24 weeks with our longest time span for those that want to get the most out of the base training and have the time before their next A-race . Our Low Volume program revolves around the following:
- 3x Structured Cycling Sessions per week
- 1x Optional Endurance Ride per week
- 2x Progressive Strength Training Sessions per week
- 1-2x Rest Day per week
- 4-8 Hours of Training per Week (can increase as desired)
- Recovery/Testing weeks built into the Program
- All workouts are "Structured" & "Device" compatible; can be performed indoors or out
- Metrics Used: Power, HR, and/or RPE
Our 'off-season' Base Builder plans are ideal for any cyclist, mountain biker, or triathlete looking to improve their strength & power on the bike across any distance. Click Links Below to Learn More:
- Listen to Our PODCAST
- Base Builder Program Details
- Testing Protocol Details
- Training Zone Calculator Example
Our progressive strength training program is designed specifically for endurance athletes to be utilized throughout the off-season base training build. Click Links Below to Learn More:
OTHER BASE BUILDER OPTIONS:We have both LOW & HIGH volume Base Builder Plans available in 12, 18 & 24 week durations. Search v3.1 Base Builder in the Training Peaks Plan Store or Contact Us! (email below)
RACE PREP:Upon completion of this Base Builder program you're ready for one of our Race Prep training plans to dial in your event specific fitness. Check out our Race Prep Plans HERE
RE-USABLE:You can easily reuse any of our plans year after year or anytime in the future!
Email Cody directly with questions now or as you go: firstname.lastname@example.org
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:32 hrs||1:53 hrs|
|1:52 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:32 hrs||1:53 hrs|
||1:52 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?