Indoor Winter Power Plan (Gran Fondo)
Dan Small, Mountain Goat CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
A 12 week plan specifically designed for people targeting Gran Fondo events in the summer but who have very restricted time to train during the winter. To make most effective use of time this is predominantly an indoor cycling training plan with an option to include an outdoor ride each weekend, but also includes an indoor option each weekend if you are not able to get out. You only need 5 hours per week (if using the indoor weekend workout option) for this plan, so if you have limited time this could be a great option for you.
Most sessions are high intensity training sessions and therefore the plan also includes a lot of recovery time to allow full adaptation and help you get the most out of each workout.
The plan includes flexibility options and suggestions for if you need to make adjustments to your plan to fit your busy schedule.
This plan is designed for use with a power meter. If you don't have a power meter then contact me for a heart rate and perceived effort version of this plan.
This plan includes:
- Contact details of the coach who wrote the programme, so if you have any questions about the programme, you can get the answers you need!
- An introduction to exactly what you will be working on and why, so you can make sense of what you are doing in each workout.
- Instructions on how to complete a baseline Function Threshold Power Test which will be used to set specific intensities for every workout you complete.
- Daily workout instructions written by a highly experienced cycling coach, who coaches riders of all ages and ability, from beginners to international standard athletes.
- Specific warm up instruction guide to be used for each workout.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:02 hrs||1:37 hrs|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:02 hrs||1:37 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter