Track cycling: Pursuit 5 month programme
Phil KilpatrickAll plans by this Coach
5 Month training plan for track pursuit.
Outline of the plans developments are below:
• Tempo and short threshold efforts
• Tempo and threshold
• Threshold and spiked efforts
• V02max intervals and sprint efforts
• HIIT and starts
This plan is based on no access to a track but can be adapted to include track time.
Any session/effort that is 5 minutes or under can be amended to be a pursuit effort.
Warm up and warm down during the session after each effort on rollers. Gearing should start small and increase as fitness/power increases.
Seated and standing starts should be included throughout the programme and any effort 1 minute or under can be conducted in this manner.
Any questions please get in contact.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:51 hrs||3:16 hrs|
|2:08 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:51 hrs||3:16 hrs|
||2:08 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?