BPC Performance SystemsAll plans by this Coach
This plan assumes a few things:
1. That you have either a power meter and or a heart rate monitor for setting your zones and training within them.
2. You have been riding 4-5 hours per week or more on average. This plan will gradually build volume, but the first week will have you doing 2:00 to 2:30 for a long ride. If you are not capable of this, you may want to scout a different plan or build your mileage until this is doable for you.
3. This plan assumes you have ridden 100 miles in the past. Not necessarily recently. We will do some higher intensity training during the week once the body has been given time to adapt. This intensity is what is going to allow you to SMASH your upcoming ride!
4. Having access to an indoor trainer is huge, although not necessary. All these workouts can be adapted to the road, you'll just need to memorize the workouts and implement them as accurately as possible.
5. You will have at least one complete rest day each week, along with 2 other days that you are completing a core strength routine. The 4 days on the bike are plenty for you to progress and ensure you are recovering.
6. You can move workouts around if necessary, but we recommend keeping them as close to the planned schedule as possible. Rest and recovery are your friend and we've mapped the training load out accordingly.
7. We want you to have fun with this. All the structure in the world goes out the window if you start hating the bike. We've tried to give you enough "fun rides" and unloads to keep the mind solid. But, if you feel you need the occasional group ride vs structured interval ride, you can do that. Just don't do it too often for best results.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.