Century Ride Training Plan - Couch to 100 Miles
Taylor ThomasAll plans by this Coach
This is a 16 week plan designed for those riders with a goal of riding 100 miles. It will take you through every phase from establishing a solid base, building up your endurance, as well as working on your top end speed. While it's not necessary to have previous riding experience, it is advised that you gain some exposure to road riding before tackling this training plan.
As you build your base fitness and extend your training rides you'll be working towards a goal of riding 100 miles in under 6 hours. This plan includes at least 1 day off (Monday), as well as strength training, some interval work, tempo rides, and long rides on the weekends. While it's recommended that you establish your heart rate zones during this plan, you can also train by using Rate of Perceived Exertion-RPE. Use this chart to help you understand the workouts.
Rate of Perceived Exertion Scale = 1-10
Zone 1- RPE=1
Zone 2- RPE=2
Zone 3- RPE=3
Zone 4- RPE=4-5
Zone 5- RPE=6
Zone 6- RPE=7-8
Zone 7 (Max Effort)- RPE=9-10
For more information please visit Thomas Endurance Coaching
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?