Hunter Allen & Peaks Coaching GroupAll plans by this Coach
This plan focuses on all around fitness. This plan works really well for the Gran Fondo Florida, but again, can be used for all of the Gran Fondos in the series.
This training plan is made for cyclists who train with power, heart rate, or perceived exertion. We have provided an eBook on the first day of the plan that contains testing protocol and explains how to set your training zones within TrainingPeaks. That will allow you to know exactly where you are starting with the plan and provide the correct information for testing in the future.
This plan is comprehensive and is built on hours of power analysis, race comparisons, data capture and past successes of the athletes I have coached. You are going to have to be ready for VO2 efforts, big gear work, hard accelerations, and of course you'll need the threshold power and muscular endurance to get you to the finish line in the front group.
This is not a plan for the mediocre or pack filler. If you want to take it to the next level and ready to put in the work, then this is your plan. Be ready for some unique workouts, be ready for some hard workouts and be ready to do the workouts.
You'll need between 8 and 12 hours a week to play with in order to get all of the work done in this plan. This plan is appropriate for those training for the 60 or 100 mile distance.
Get this plan now and have your best gran fondo yet!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.