Hilly Sportive 10 Weeks Beginner/Intermediate
Hunter Allen & Peaks Coaching GroupAll plans by this Coach
Hilly Sportive 10 Weeks Beginner/Intermediate is a 10 week plan designed for the Cyclist or Triathlete who trains with power, HR (Heart Rate), or RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) and can train 7:30-13 hours per week (excluding Rest Weeks). You will need to be able to devote between 2-7 hours to training on your weekends.
Cyclosportive is short for the French term randonnée cyclosportive or sportive for short and are indeed a very popular style of event. While sportives can vary wildly in distance and most include a timed start to finish, others are really just a big group ride. One thing that pretty much remains the same across all is that they are open to riders of all abilities!
This particular plan is designed for riders who have been riding for 3 years and are riding 5-7 times per week. You should already be able to complete a 100 mile ride.
This plan is for the cyclist who is interested in increasing their endurance, getting faster and improving their performance in Sportives.
Designed and written by Hunter Allen, former pro cyclist, co-Founder of Training Peaks and WKO, co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter and Cutting-Edge Cycling and Founder and CEO of Peaks Coaching Group. The Workouts included in these pioneering and ruthlessly vetted Training Plans are the same Workouts that Hunter uses with his own Clients. Battle tested and podium approved.
Discover the benefits of a Peaks Coaching Group Training Plan
• All plans are backed by Peaks Coaching Group’s 100% Money Back Guarantee...
• Most are designed and written by Hunter Allen, one of the world’s leading experts on power training...
• Exclusive Membership to our private PCG Training Plan Facebook Group...
• Our Plans meet the needs of Cyclists and Endurance Athletes of all abilities...
Still have questions? E-mail Hunter Allen
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?