Vision Quest CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This plan will help a beginner or intermediate cyclist prepare for a long century ride or Gran Fondo event. Time is limited during the week for many athletes, so those workouts are kept short and the primary volume progression takes place over the weekends.
There is only one ride planned for the weekends, but if you have the time and energy, a second ride can certainly be included. Be sure that one of your weekend rides is the long, steady ride as scheduled, and the other ride can be a shorter, more intense ride, a group ride, or another easy ride depending on your goals and energy levels.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.