Greg GrandgeorgeAll plans by this Coach
Co2uT is a growing event featuring several gravel races of varying lengths. The longest event, the Allosourus, it around 185 miles and has several longer climbs, and goes from western Colorado into Utah and back. It's very different than traditional punchy hills from the Midwest gravel scene.
This training plan assumes the athlete is an experienced gravel racer and has a solid base of training (has been riding consistently for 2-3+ years), and has been riding 8-10 hours a week for the past month prior to starting the plan, and is capable of starting with 4+ hour endurance rides. Because this race is most likely 13+ hours in total duration, the training plan does include a high volume of training. As such, expect some long weekend rides (max of 11 hours in one day) and up to a maximum of 2 hours a day during the week on Tuesday through Fridays, and peak volume at 19 hours of total training in the peak week. Mondays are the designated rest day in this schedule.
This plan utilizes a combination of power and heart rate (HR) based workouts. It utilizes power for interval type work, and heart rate for endurance work (assuming many people use HR on gravel riding). In general, the interval work is best performed indoors on a trainer for most people. To utilize this plan, you will need both a power meter and a heart rate monitor.
Included in the plan are general notes on fueling, gear and race preparation.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.