Greg GrandgeorgeAll plans by this Coach
This training plan assumes the athlete is a moderately experienced gravel racer and has a reasonable base of training (has been riding consistently for 1-2 years), and has been riding 5-7 hours a week for the past month prior to starting the plan, and is capable of starting with 2.5+ hour endurance rides. This plan provides a steady progression to be able to complete a 100 mile to 200k gravel race.
This plan utilizes a combination of power and heart rate (HR) based workouts. It utilizes power for interval type work, and heart rate for endurance work (assuming many people use HR on gravel riding). In general, the interval work is best performed indoors on a trainer for most people. To utilize this plan, you will need both a power meter and a heart rate monitor.
Included in the plan are general notes on fueling, gear and race preparation. This plan is not specific to an individual year, meaning it can be applied to future years.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?