Granfondo or 100K ride in 13 weeks - Basic/Intermediate
Karen OudAll plans by this Coach
Are you a recreational cyclist with a basic level of cycling fitness (1-2 rides a week, 3-4 hours a week)? Do you lack the time to train 4-5 times a week, but do you want to prepare for a medio-/granfondo or similar ride anyway? Than you have found the right plan!
In 13 weeks time, with only 3 rides a week (two shorter and one longer ride), this plan prepares you for a mediofondo or granfondo (or a similar recreational ride) of about 100-120k or 60-75 miles.
The plan starts with a couple of weeks of easy buildup, including some cycling technique drills you can practise. After that, it continues building up endurance, while also preparing you for a hilly course with hill training and different kinds of interval training.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?