Ultimate Event Day Training Plan - Power Version (4-10 hrs)
Kevin RokoshAll plans by this Coach
This plan sends you cruising on the path to being an active cyclist. It will develop basic cycling strengths so you can experience a fantastic Event Day ride. You’ll also chisel your legs and strengthen your lungs to join group rides offered by your local cycling club.
This plan has no extraneous stuff. We’re not looking for marginal gains. We’re after the fundamental, well-known principles for improving your basic endurance performance. Nothing beats nailing down the fundamentals. It’s what every cyclist needs to achieve superior results.
At the end of 8 weeks, you’ll be ready to ride any charity event or gran fondo that’s on your horizon. And if you’ve got the time to put in an extra 2 weeks, you could set a Personal Record (PR) in that big event too!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?