Jeremiah BishopAll plans by this Coach
Looking for a Gran Fondo Specific Training Plan that's less than 10 hours a week?
Here are some of my proven workouts I used to win the KOM competition for Hincapie's Gran Fondo, multiple editions of the Alpine Loop Gran Fondo, and even the 2019 GFNY World Championship!
This 10 week plan is for intermediate riders who have at least 8 weeks of base training and 3 weeks of harder tempo riding to build foundation.
Most mid-week workouts are limited to 2 hours or less and Mondays and Fridays are light or off with one longer 4-5 hour weekend ride.
Start this plan after a very low volume rest week (tsb of 20+)
Incorporated in this plan are structured power based workouts, strength conditioning for better endurance and power late-race and scenario-based training that lets you hone your skill and pacing for your best performance on game day!
IF you decide to race, reduce TSS accordingly by replacing the equivalent workout that is most similar.
Are you ready to boost your top end for an action packed 10-week ramp up?
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.