Gravel God Beginner 1 - Base Period
Matti RoweAll plans by this Coach
Gravel fever 🌡️is sweeping the nation. Your friends are doing it. Events are popping up all over the place. The road scene was never cool, mountain biking is so mid-90s, and track cycling is confusing. Running has never tempted you.
You ordered Racing and Training with a Power Meter but are confused about what ‘watts’ are and ‘base’ and why you can’t just go out and train as hard as you can as much as you can while only eating rice crackers.
Don’t worry, the Gravel God Cycling has got your back. We put together a gravel-specific base plan for you so you can train the right way rather than repeating the same 10 workouts on Zwift.
So, do you want the secrets to becoming a Gravel God?
🔥🔥WHAT AM I GETTING???🔥🔥
- Science! - I went to school and learned fancy words like 'periodization', 'TSS', 'FRC', and 'carbs'.
- Structured Workouts! - Because if you can't export your workout to Zwift, what's the point?
- Unconventional Approach -Mental Training included! You get a therapist AND a coach!
- Clever Workout Descriptions! - I keep you laughing when you're in pain.
- Power-based Training! - Because who doesn't have a power meter now?
- Mobility workouts!- Learn how to touch your toes!
- 6,000-word guide! - I cover everything, from equipment to nutrition to race tactics to life advice!
- Emails! - You can email me at email@example.com and we won't ignore you.
- Re-usability! - Buy the plan once, use it every year until gravel racing isn't cool anymore.
- Scolding! - I call you out so you don’t have to learn the hard way!
Gravel God Cycling is more than a training plan
Boredom is a sin, which is why Gravel God Cycling pumps out the freshest content in the business to keep you entertained. Check out my articles for deep dives into training, racing, and life. Level up your knowledge with free resources covering the spiciest topics in endurance training. Subscribe to the newsletter for a weekly laugh.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?