Gear Up Coaching's 4 week Fondo Countdown
Gear Up CoachingAll plans by this Coach
Your training has been going well and you are 4 weeks out to your big event! It might be a bucket list event like the Etape du Tour or it might just a local event but either way I'm sure you are super excited and looking forward to the big day.
Fondo's often start hard and fast, contain lots of climbing and are long day out so lots of our physical attributes will be called on during the big day.
This plan complements our base and build plans adding some specific Fondo workouts to help us handle the scenarios we may encounter in a typical fondo. We work on endurance with harder efforts and cadence drills during this four week block. We also pay attention to nutrition and hydration requirements. Finally we then take you through a taper to arrive at your event fresh and ready to tear it up. Gear Up to your best event ever!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:36 hrs||4:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:36 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?