Hunter Allen for Go Faster Cycling
This plan focuses on all around fitness. This plan works really well for the Gran Fondo Florida, but again, can be used for all of the Gran Fondos in the series.
This training plan is made for cyclists who train with power, heart rate, or perceived exertion. We have provided an eBook on the first day of the plan that contains testing protocol and explains how to set your training zones within TrainingPeaks. That will allow you to know exactly where you are starting with the plan and provide the correct information for testing in the future.
The plan is designed for the beginner to intermediate cyclist with 6 to 12 hours a week to train. This plan is appropriate for those training for the 30 or 60 mile distance. You have completed a few club rides and are starting to get comfortable riding in a pack. Don't worry if you have a little less time than that to train, you'll be able to adjust easily with my guidance tips at the beginning of each week.
Make sure your following each days training, don't give up. This plan is hard but will make you faster!
I know you are going to really do awesome! Go for it!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.