Drew EdsallAll plans by this Coach
If you're an intermediate level road(Cat 3,4) or mountain bike racer(Cat 2) looking to do cyclo-cross racing this year then this program is for you.
This program will get you ready to crush your competition at the start of your CX race season this year. Specifically this program will build and fine tune your high end cyclo-cross fitness and take your performance to the next level with workouts aimed at short/hard efforts combined with cross specific race efforts and light running to build your muscular system for the running involved. The focus is on quality, CX specific, shorter workouts with a maintenance of your longer aerobic rides.
The entire program is 6 weeks long. In the first week you will establish your LTHR and set up your HR zones. The weeks following that will include a combination of CX specific technical work(barriers, stairs, running, turns, etc), high intensity work which is needed for CX racing, and maintenance workouts to keep anything you built in terms of aerobic base prior to this.
This program can be easily added into your current program if you feel it fits what you are looking for. A great follow up to this program is either my CX In Season Race program.
You will need access to a heart rate monitor and will need to know how to use it. You can do the training on a road, CX or mountain bike. However, I do recommend that you get as much training in as possible on your CX bike since you will be racing on that.
With this program you will also receive nutritional information, a detailed description of heart rate zones, and a start-up guide that introduces you to interval training.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.