Cycling - Cyclocross Pre-Season Training Plan (8 weeks)
Vision Quest CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This plan features a pre-season build for dedicated cyclocross racers. Those who race on the road or mountain bike during the summer months may just hope to carry reserve fitness into the cyclocross season, but a focused cyclocross may avoid these other activities in favor of a more central focus to their first love.
The nature of cyclocross includes repeated maximal efforts, often with incomplete rest from slow speed, as well as sustained high-resistance pedaling. Developing a strong foundation of fitness in the aerobic and lactate threshold energy systems along with muscular strength is a great help more cross-specific training routines.
This 8-week plan will help you maximize your baseline fitness before shifting gears to address race-specific skills or energy system in our cyclocross race-season plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|11:07 hrs||4:00 hrs|
|0:37 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||11:07 hrs||4:00 hrs|
||0:37 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?