Cyclocross: 16 week CX in season racing plan
Pedal ActionAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Intermediate level (1-4 years cycling)
Riding regularly (4+ times/week)
Plan duration: 12 weeks
8-12 hours week
The 16 week in season racing plan keeps you on the boil for your cyclocross racing season.
The plan provides the following:
- Testing protocols to allow you to track your progress
- Power based workouts, available for download onto common platforms (TrainerRoad, Zwift, Garmin etc)
- Workouts to improve your technical skills, mounting, dismounting, cornering and obstacles
- Improve stamina and fatigue resistance (reduces the effects of fatigue during long races)
- Improve your anaerobic system so you can cover breaks and attacks in a road race
- Improve your sprint power so you able to contend for the win at the end of the race
- Improve Functional Threshold Power (FTP)
- Free TrainingPeaks account (Premium for first 30 days)
- TSS based plan
- Coach email support
The plan uses periodisation to split the training into 4 x 4 week blocks, each block has three hard weeks and the fourth week is a recovery and testing week.
The focus for all blocks is racing at the weekends, either Saturday or Sunday, with workouts during the week to compliment your racing. The fourth block has less volume and you should condsider switching to less intense training after you have completed this 16 week block.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|7:20 hrs||2:55 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||7:20 hrs||2:55 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter