12 Week CX (Cyclocross) Intermediate Plan
MTBCoachAll plans by this Coach
This is a 12 week CX (Cyclocross) plan for intermediate level road or MTB racers to prepare for the short efforts of CX races. The plan includes many high intensity on bike workouts, core strength for balance and agility,running and dismount/mount practice.
Start this plan 12 weeks before your goal race.
Get expert advice from our coaches on our Facebook group. Ask questions about this plan, training, racing, and equipment choices etc.
Each week is 6-9 hrs worth of workouts, every 4th week is a rest week.
For best results, before starting this plan, a 8-12 week base should be completed. If coming off a road or MTB race season, allow for 1 or 3 weeks rest/transition before starting this plan.
Plan is designed to start on a Monday with longer workouts on weekends.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:47 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|1:00 hrs||0:20 hrs|
|0:24 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|0:57 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|0:55 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|0:45 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:47 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||1:00 hrs||0:20 hrs|
||0:24 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||0:57 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||0:55 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:45 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?