Pete MacLeodAll plans by this Coach
This plan is recommended for intermediate cross racers. A heart rate monitor is required. Power is not required, but it is recommended. Typical weeks will be around 9-10 hours of training, with recovery weeks around 7 hours of training.
Workouts are set up in the workout builder for simple plug and play with most cycling computers and smart trainers.
This plan is designed for the experienced cross racer who already has completed base training and is looking for cyclocross specific training to take them through their first A priority race. It is designed for those who have flexible work/school schedules as there are some lengthy mid-week workouts that are 2-2.5hrs.
You start with the 8 week build period. During this phase the emphasis will be increasing threshold power and speed. The workouts in the build period are designed to improve your starts, increase your power, and improve your handling skills at race pace.
Weeks 9-10 are designed as your Peak period and focus on fine tuning your fitness while tapering for your A priority event.
Week 11 leads up to your main event.
Throughout the plan you will perform a field test to gauge fitness and there are opportunities to incorporate level B and C races.
As always, custom plans can be created specifically for your needs, contact Pete at www.holdfastcoaching.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.