This 8-week program is designed to improve your cycling fitness and adequately prep you to perform at a higher level in your next cyclocross season. Achieve Performance Training & Coaching has created a training plan to make you a better CX racer. Developed by experienced coaches and Cat 1 racers, this training plan will improve your aerobic and anaerobic capacity through specific block interval training. The plan also incorporates core workouts, and stretching+foam rolling with a link to video instructions. If you have questions on this program or one-on-one coaching then contact #AchievePTC by visiting http://www.achieveptc.com/.
WARM UP: 10-15min z1/2/4
SPRINT INTERVALS: 6x12sec
AEROBIC ENDURANCE 1 HR z2
WARM UP: 10-15 z1/2
AEROBIC ENDURANCE: 1.5hrs
MUSCULAR ENDURANCE; 2x8min
REST: 4min btw sets
COOL DOWN: 10-5min z1/2
DO EXERCISES IN CIRCUIT FASHION
- Do 1st set of 1st exercise, then right to 1st set of 2nd exercises, right to 1st set of 3rd exercise and then right to 1st set of 4th exercises. Go back to 1st exercise and repeat above as per the number of sets.
FLOOR BRIDGE 3X15
- Lay on back, knees bent 90*, feet flat on floor, draw in belly button, raise hips up counting to 3, lower hips down counting to 3 (tempo of 3-0-3). Repeat
FLOOR PRONE COBRA 3X15
- Lay on stomach, arms along your side, depress shoulder blades (lower down towards butt), raise chest off the ground while turning palms clockwise and to the outside until thumbs point up. Lower back down. No tension in neck or shoulders. 3-0-3 tempo
ISO-PRONE AB (TV STAND) 3X45-60 SEC.
- Lay stomach down, toes on floor, bring elbows underneath chest, raise up your entire body so it's supported by only toes and elbows. Keep back flat and your body like a plank. Breathe and hold for 45 to 60 seconds. If 45 secs is fine then push to 60 secs
SIDE PLANK 3X45 SEC.
- Lay on side, raise upper body and rest on elbow, raise hips until your body is straight like a plank and supported by elbow and ankle. Hold for 45 seconds. If you can not support your body in this position then try supporting from elbow and outside of your knee
WU: 10MIN walk at moderate pace
5 sets of 2min run, 5min walk(rest)
COOL DOWN: 10min walk
STRETCH: Hamstrings, calves, quads, hips
FOAM ROLLER: CALVES, IT BANDS, QUADS, HAMSTRINGS, TFL, LOWER & UPPER BACK
- Roll each muscles for 1 minute
CALVES, QUADS, HAMSTRINGS, GLUTES, ABS, LOWER BACK, CHEST, LATS, NECK
- 3x10 sec stretch for each muscle