Coach Joseph MaloneyAll plans by this Coach
The cyclocross preparation plan focuses on developing and training the areas that a rider need to be successful in cyclocross. The preparation phase is between base and specialization and works to lay a foundation for the most highly focused workouts to come as racing begins and becomes more frequent. The Plan assumes the rider has a solid summer period of base already in, and transitions an athlete into cyclocross season.
For weekend when an athlete plans to race, follow the [RACE] workouts instead, with openers on Friday and
The most important rides are scheduled on Tuesdays. These rides improve a riders capacity for for harder rides to come. Thursday’s rides are the next most important. These also help the athlete prepare for burst workouts later while also maintaining the base work. The skills and endurance rides, while important can be moved around to accommodate an athlete's schedule.
This plan is most suited for first time racers all the way up to those with some experience racing cyclocross; category 4 and 5 racers. The plan aims to keep hour as low as possible while giving athletes the ability to race any weekend they choose to.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.