Cyclocross Plan (Cat 3+) Ride, Strength and Run Workouts
Tony VitonAll plans by this Coach
Cyclocross training plan that includes riding, strength and running workouts to prepare your for a great season. The strength and running are in the plan specifically to improve your ability to race cyclocross races. They include workouts like bike lifts to prepare for barriers and running drills for those uphill running efforts.
This plan is written for HR or power users. Geared towards the cat 3+, but a newer racer could use the plan and just tone it down a bit based on feel.
All of the workouts come from my experience racing and coaching cyclocross racers. Seeing how each type of workout improved their ability to race cyclocross specifically.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:33 hrs||3:30 hrs|
|1:18 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:49 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:33 hrs||3:30 hrs|
||1:18 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||0:49 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?