I've been coaching trail, road, and ultrarunners since 2018. I joined CTS as an Expert Coach in 2021. I also coached middle and high school cross country for 8 years. I specialize in trail ultramarathons. The most critical piece of my coaching practice is that I have honest and consistent communication with each of my athletes. I believe that consistent communication and following science based training principles are necessary for each athlete to reach their maximum potential.
Goals and Philosophies:
- Build a trusting and supportive relationship with each athlete I coach.
- Create an individualized training plan that is updated regularly.
- Make training fun, individualized, and practical that fits within the athlete’s life.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly to help each athlete feel confident and prepared for their event. Regular communication is critical!
- Use science-based training principles that maximize the athlete’s development.
- Work with each athlete to identify their strengths and weaknesses and build upon those strengths and weaknesses.
- Study the details of the athlete’s goal race so that we can have an ongoing conversation throughout training about what to expect in terms of terrain, elevation, weather, and race day fueling.
- B.A. Physical Education. Courses included Anatomy and Physiology, Nutrition, Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology
- UESCA Ultrarunning Coach Certification
Some races I've coached athletes for:
- Moab 240
- Leadville 100
- Arkansas Traveler 100
- No Business 100
- CCC 100k
Personal top 10 finishes at:
- Grindstone 100
- Pinhoti 100
- Lookout Mountain 50
- Stump Jump 50k
- Upchuck 50k
- Mountain Mist 50k
- Mt. Cheaha 50k