(PhD in PhD in
Coach of the Boise Billies in Boise, ID
Former collegiate XC and track runner.
100-mile US National Trail Champion (13:17)
2:23:32 Marathon PR (Boston)
Expertise in trail running, road racing, ultras.
First, I coach people, not robots. My coaching style is to take a scientific approach founded in my knowledge (and love) of exercise physiology and apply it in a practical individual manner to each athlete I work with. That means adapting based on individual circumstances.
The plasticity of human physiology means that everyone can show improvement as long as they follow the formula or STRESS + REST. To accomplish this I have periods of training that are very stressful and periods of training that are very light.
I believe that the stresses should vary consistently so even if you are gunning for a 100 mile ultra race expect to do some speed. The major goal of any training program is to make you a better athlete. That will translate to specific improvements for your goal race and general improvements in health and fitness.
I love working with athletes of all types because I am inspired by the improvements that athletes of all levels can make.
I can help athletes with:
* Transitioning from the roads to the trails
* Nutritional advice for race day
* Training nutrition and periodization of nutrition
* Prehab strength workouts to keep you injury free
* Identification of different running paces
* Race day tactics
* Use of technology in training (power meter, HRV measurements)
* Understanding the science behind training
* Use of sauna to for heat adaptation and general fitness/health improvement
* Altitude adaptation and racing
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Professional
1-on-1 Coaching, Consultations, Group Coaching, Local Coaching, Remote Coaching, Strength Training, Nutrition, Mental Skills, Training Camps
Running, Personal Training, High School Cross Country, Collegiate Cross Country, Corporate Wellness
GPS watch, HR monitor