Kim Geist Coaching is committed to working with athletes as the individuals they are to maximize potential and reach goals.
Kim Geist Coaching is:
- Knowledge – built from education as well as from experience
- Individualized attention – absolutely no athlete’s training plan is a copy of another’s
- Committed to you as an athlete and person – respectfully honors your commitment by always living up to her’s
- Cycling Coaching
- Strength and Conditioning
- Nutritional Analysis
Kim Geist loves her job. LOVES it. Helping athletes reach their goals is what she has always wanted to do. And, she has always wanted to do it the right way – based on knowledge gained through education as well as that gained through experience as a competitive athlete. Kim knows the tricks of the trade having “been there, done that” – she has competed at the highest level of athletics. But, she also knows the reasons why the tricks work – she has the knowledge based in education to explain the how’s of physiology in training, nutrition, and the like in her full-time job.
Education and Certifications:
- M.S. Applied Nutrition, specializing in nutrition and fitness – Northeastern University
- B.S. Sport and Exercise Science, minors in sport management and in psychology – DeSales University
- Level 2 Coach – USA Cycling Coaching Association
- Certified Exercise Physiologist - American College of Sports Medicine
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist – National Strength and Conditioning Association
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified – American Red Cross
- Elite, international-level competitive cycling including being a World and Pan American Champion, and Olympic long-team member (visit www.kimgeist.com for more)
- Strength and conditioning training for sport
- Physiological training – power training since 2006, sports nutrition, weight loss, recovery, etc.
- Psychological training – focus, imagery, etc.
- Sports management – marketing, sponsorship, etc.
Preferred Athlete Levels
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Professional
1-on-1 Coaching, Consultations, Group Coaching, Local Coaching, Remote Coaching, Strength Training, Nutrition, Mental Skills
Road Cycling, Mountain Biking, Cyclocross, Personal Training