High attention coaching for athletes of all ability & experience levels. Beginners to pros & juniors to masters. Focus is on the complete athlete & tailoring approaches that take into account the athlete’s work/family life, goals & ability level. Emphasis on frequent feedback, easy coach accessibility & comms with athletes. 35+ years experience in cycling, running & multi-sport as an athlete & coach. Extensive experience balancing demanding work & family life with competitive endurance sports.
- Have worked with over 100 athletes in 24 states & 10 countries in road cycling, MTB, triathlon, duathlon & running.
- Athletes have included men & women, from beginners to elites, & from juniors to masters.
- Goals have ranged from those who were looking to maintain a more healthy lifestyle & generally improving fitness, to aspiring nationally competitive elite athletes looking for a mix of mental, tactical & fitness coaching.
- 18 athletes earned racing category upgrades with USA Cycling. 19 competed in National Championship competition (including a 3 x National Champion) & 13 in World Championship competition.
- Have coached multiple first time triathletes & cycling competitors; multiple half Ironman (70.3), full Ironman (140.6), Leadville 100 and Powerman Zofingen Duathlon competitors.
- Practical experience training with heart rate since 1997 & power since 2003.
- Category 1 Cyclist, former Pro/Elite Duathlete, 19 years competitive cycling experience, 20 years competitive running experience, 7 years competitive duathlon/triathlon experience.
- Retired military officer now full time coach, first hand experience balancing demanding work & family with competitive endurance sports.
- USA Cycling Level 1 (Elite) & Certified Power Based Training Coach
- USA Triathlon Level 1 Certified Coach
- TrainingPeaks Level II Certified Coach
- Slowtwitch Certified Triathlon Swimming Coach
Full background: https://www.otterhaus.com/coach-george.html