30+ years experience in cycling, running & multi-sport as an athlete & coach. Extensive experience balancing demanding work & family life with competitive endurance sports. Focus on high attention coaching for a small client pool, & tailoring approaches for all levels that take into account a given athlete’s work/family life, and ability level. Emphasis on frequent feedback, and easy accessibility and communication between the athlete and coach. Coaching is much more than training plans!
- Worked with over 40 athletes in 15 states and 5 countries in road cycling, mountain biking, triathlon, duathlon and running.
- Athletes have included both men and women from beginners to seasoned veterans, and from juniors to masters.
- Goals have ranged from those who were looking to maintain a more healthy lifestyle and generally improving fitness, to aspiring nationally competitive elite athletes looking for a mix of mental, tactical and fitness coaching.
- 9 athletes earned racing category upgrades with USA Cycling. 6 competed in National Championship competition and 5 in World Championship competition.
- Other highlights include: a first time triathlon finisher; first time half Ironman triathlon (70.3) finisher; first time Ironman triathlon (140.6) finisher and first time Powerman Zofingen Duathlon finisher.
- Practical experience training with heart rate since 1997 and power since 2003.
- Category 1 Cyclist, former Pro/Elite Duathlete, 16 years competitive cycling experience, 20 years competitive running experience, 7 years competitive duathlon/triathlon experience.
- Retired military officer, first hand experience balancing demanding work and family with competitive endurance sports.
- USA Cycling Level 2 & Certified Power Based Training Coach
- USA Triathlon Level 1 Certified Coach
- TrainingPeaks Level II Certified Coach
- US Military Endurance Sports Affiliate Coach
Full background: http://www.otterhaus.com/coaches.html
Preferred Athlete Levels
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Professional
1-on-1 Coaching, Consultations, Local Coaching, Remote Coaching
Road Cycling, Running, Cyclocross, Duathlon, High School Cross Country, Collegiate Cross Country
Prefer powermeter for cycling and heart rate monitor for cycling and running, but not required.
To hire George Ganoung as your coach, select the coaching service that is right for you.
The coach consultation includes a one hour discussion with a TrainingPeaks Level 2 coach on the phone or video call. This also includes one month of TrainingPeaks Premium Athlete Edition and a completed coaching consultation summary after your call.
One Hour Consultation
Each monthly coaching service comes with a 30-day, no questions asked, money-back guarantee, a TrainingPeaks Premium Athlete Edition account, a start-up consultation, goal planning and an individualized plan.
- plus $99 start-up*
- Unlimited communication
- Training Plans posted monthly
- 4 training plan updates per month
- Unlimited device file reviews
* Note: You will only be charged the $99 startup fee today. Monthly billing will begin after TrainingPeaks connects you with your coach.