Deborah Latouf   Spin Doctor Coaching

I consider myself a Sport Scientist who coaches. I have been coaching both triathlon and cycling for 25 years throughout my career as a Sport Scientist in Australia, the UK and South Africa. I specialise in athletes that seek accountability in their training and value one on one interaction on a timely basis. I feedback on all sessions daily and encourage athletes to communicate with me as much as possible. I particularly enjoy coaching age group female athletes.

Bio

I have been coaching Triathlon since 1993 when I did my Level 1 coaching course for triathlon in Canberra at . I did the inaugural Level 2 Triathlon coaching course conducted by Triathlon Australia in 1997. I was a selector for Triathlon Australia for a number of years in the late 1990s, including for the Sydney Olympic Games. From 2000 until 2004 I was High Performance Manager for Triathlon South Africa, including attendance at the 2001 World Championships in Edmonton, Canada and 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games.
I have been coaching cycling since I returned to Australia in 2004, and renewed my Level 1 coaching accreditation in 2014.
My approach to coaching both cycling and triathlon is a scientific one. My PhD is in sport science after all. Having said that, there is an art and a science to coaching; and understanding your athlete is a very important part of coaching. So it is definitely not all about numbers. The way I coach creates accountability, and I understand that this does not work for all athletes. Improvement in performance is not rocket science, well maybe not. 90% of improvement is about consistency and specificity; and making sure you have your low hanging fruit under control. The other 10% of improvement is where we coaches have to think – tweak and optimise and periodise and taper. It’s the challenging part, and good coaches relish this.

Location

Mooloolaba
Australia

Preferred Athlete Levels

Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced

Services

1-on-1 Coaching, Consultations, Group Coaching, Local Coaching, Remote Coaching, Training Camps

Sport Types

Triathlon, Road Cycling, Mountain Biking, Duathlon, IRONMAN

Languages

English

Athlete Requirements

I prefer athletes to have power meters, prepare to be nagged if you don't have one

Address:

Mooloolaba
Australia
4557