Lehi, UT , United States
80/20 Endurance is the creation of Matt Fitzgerald and David Warden. Based on the breakthrough books 80/20 Running and 80/20 Triathlon, runners, triathletes, and other endurance athletes improve the most when they consistently do 80 percent of their training at low intensity and the other 20 percent high intensity. The typical endurance athlete spends only 50-70 percent their total training time at low intensity. The solution? An 80/20 training plan that ensures the optimal intensity balance.
Matt Fitzgerald is an acclaimed endurance sports coach, nutritionist, and author. His many books include The Endurance Diet, 80/20 Running, and How Bad Do You Want It? Matt’s writing also appears regularly in magazines and on websites such as Women’s Running and competitor.com. His online training plans have helped thousands of athletes of all experience and ability levels achieve their goals. Certified by the International Society of Sports Nutrition, Matt has consulted for numerous sports nutrition companies and he is the creator of the Diet Quality Score (DQS) smartphone app. A lifelong athlete, he speaks frequently at events throughout the United States and internationally.
David Warden is an internationally recognized coach and author. His current and former clients include World Age Group Duathlon champions, Guinness World Record triathlon holders, and multiple full and 70.3 Ironman World Championship qualifiers. He is the co-author of Triathlon Science, the industry standard text for triathlon coaches and academics and 80/20 Triathlon with Matt Fitzgerald. His personal athletic resume consists of 45 first place overall wins in triathlon and duathlon, including the 2x USA Triathlon Rocky Mountain Region Sprint Triathlon Champion (2011, 2016) and 2nd place USA Triathlon Age Group Duathlon Nationals. He has finished as the top American at the Mallora 70.3, Abu Dhabi International Half, and Balearic Olympic Championships.