, United Kingdom
- Adventure Racing
- 1-on-1 Coaching
- Remote Coaching
Meet Your Coach
- Athlete – I take time to understand your goals, training history and availability.
- Balance – I believe in a holistic approach to training: maintaining a healthy mix of family, career, and well-being.
- Consistency – I place an emphasis on finding a sustainable level of training, week to week, season to season.
- Quality – maximising time through use of training and racing analysis tools: applying the science to individualise the program.
- Enjoyment – keep it interesting, social, and fun.
- From New Zealand, I grew up in the South Island, a playground for sports and adventure, fuelling a passion for being active in the outdoors, surfing, snowboarding and running (2:47 marathoner).
- I played rugby to a high level through school and university, representing province through the age groups.
- Qualified as a Chartered Accountant I went on to have a 15-year London city career as a Finance Professional. I use the skills learnt in my city career to bring a highly organised and analytical approach to my coaching.
- I discovered triathlon during my time in the city and have 10 years' experience as a competitive coached age group triathlete, having completed 6 Ironman (personal best 9:34) and 6 Ironman 70.3 (including world championship qualifications).
- I have always had the challenge of balancing the demands of a young family, career, city-living, and training, so feel an empathy with the athletes that I work with. It's a case of getting to understand their situation, strengths and limiters, then putting together a dynamic program for each individual.
- I am now fully focused on triathlon and endurance sports coaching having left my city career.
Preferred Athlete Levels