Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please create a TrainingPeaks account or login. Once logged in, return to the forum by clicking "Forums" at the top right of your account.
2012 Etape Acte 1 (Alps)
Munkeh0
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:19:49 AM(UTC)

I'm coming back from a layoff and am in Week 3 of Hunter Allen's Threshold Improvement Plan. When Week 8 ends I'll have exactly 16 weeks until my main event of the year, the Etape du Tour. I'm wondering what training plan(s) to use for those 16 weeks. Hunter's "8 weeks to your peak event" looks pretty attractive with the Etape in mind, but that would leave an 8-week block between the end of my threshold plan and the start of the peak event plan. Do you think I could usefully fill it with weeks 9-16 of the threshold improvement plan, or find a different plan, eg more endurance/climbing-based? I can do 12-15 hours a week and use a Powertap power meter. Training plan suggestions gratefully received.
jgdicker
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:19:34 PM(UTC)

At 16 weeks out, you should be in a build cycle. The key workouts should be those that approximate the efforts you will be required to make in your event. I am not familiar with the Etape du Tour. Is this a stage race?
Jim Dicker
Elite Coach
TrainingBible.Com
jimdicker.blogspot.com/view/timeslide