Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please create a TrainingPeaks account or login. Once logged in, return to the forum by clicking "Forums" at the top right of your account.
Can't Let the Wife Win
Clydesdale Jim
#1 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 4:24:44 PM(UTC)

My wife and I have a wager. I need to get down to 200 pounds before February 17. My info:

Height: 5'8"

From my scale:

Measurement, Thu, Nov 10, 2011
Weight: 235.9 lbs
Body Fat: 31.9 %
Body Water: 49.2 %
Bone Mass: 7.9 lbs
Muscle Mass: 152.9 lbs

I've completed Hal Higdon's 30/30 Plan and am in the midst of his 5K plan. I go back and forth running barefoot and with Vibram Five Fingers to ensure my running form is as good as possible. I have a Garmin Forerunner 310XT with a heart monitor and have a foot pod on the way (for those days that I'm forced to run on a treadmill). I don't miss a workout and I download every single one of them from my watch for analysis.

My wife and I are running a 5K in New York on New Year's Eve. We're running the Run for the Red Relay Marathon on May 20th. I begin Hal Higdon's 12-week Half Marathon Plan on February 27 to prepare.

My short term goal is to run 9 New York Road Runners races in 2012 to qualify for the NYC Marathon in 2013.

My long term goal is to run my first Ultra by the time I'm 45 (less than 3 years).

I need help in the nutrition department. I've been a vegan since July of this year (I was strictly a meat and potatoes guy before that, and lots of it), but am willing to eat seafood. I'd rather not eat dairy or other types of meat. I need a strict plan that I can follow to get down to my goal weight of 200 pounds on time. I can work out in the morning pre-dawn hours and at night after 7 pm. I'm a great cook..so I can prepare whatever is necessary. I'd like to get as much of my nutrition from real food as possible, but am not opposed to buying powders and supplements, if warranted. Thank you for you attention,

~Jim
~Jim
rkattouf
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 11:23:36 AM(UTC)

Hello Jim, sounds like 'Game-On' my friend!

One of my first suggestions is to reset your goal from body weight to body fat%. It is fine to have a weight goal of course, but, let the BF% goal be first. Second, do not let your February date become a 'deadline.' As you start to embark on a new nutrition plan, focus all of your energy on what you can control...and that is eating as prescribed. Do not focus energy on what you cannot control...and that is how quickly your body will change.

With that being said, contact me and let's discuss the best nutrition options for you. My contact information is below.

Thanks Jim, I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great weekend.

Sincerely,
Dr. Rick Kattouf II
TeamKattouf Nutrition Supplements, http://www.amazon.com/s/...kattouf&x=0&y=0
Host of Rx Nutrition, http://teamkattouf.com/rxnutrition.html
http://www.teamkattouf.com
rick@rickkattouf.com
866-966-1422
Follow Coach Kattouf and TeamKattouf Coaching on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and LinkedIn
Clydesdale Jim
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 11:45:17 AM(UTC)

Thanks Rick! That sounds like a plan. I'm emailing you now..
~Jim