Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please create a TrainingPeaks account or login. Once logged in, return to the forum by clicking "Forums" at the top right of your account.
Drop of Speed Accuracy after 100K distance
mjsquillace
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 6:36:49 AM(UTC)

I am using Edge 705, Firmware 3.3; every second recording; WKO build 48; On three rides, just after 62 miles the accuracy of the speed data becomes 'jagged' or logs with about +/- 2 mph accuracy. I suspect that it is a problem with the device agent in dropping a significant figure after going over 100K. If I take the same TCX file from Garmin Connect and drop it in WKO (bypassing device agent), the problem goes away! When contacting WKO support, they said it was a problem with the Edge switching over to smart recording from too much data. However, that is not the case since it is still recording at 1 second intervals and the problem only occurs after reaching 62 miles or 100K regardless of time.
uncleook
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 06, 2011 3:42:39 AM(UTC)

I don't see this on any of my >100k rides. Using Edge 705 feeding (ANT+) data to iBike. The data is downloaded from the iBike, not the Edge, so it looks like the Edge is involved somehow in the corruption...
marcus_at_peaksware
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 4:40:05 PM(UTC)

Hi mjsquillace,

Could you get back to me on that ticket and attach that file to it? I'd like to take a look at it here.
Marcus Ward
Customer Success Manager
Systems Administrator
TrainingPeaks.com

mjsquillace
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2011 9:57:00 AM(UTC)

Hi Marcus,
I have sent the file by responding to the previous support response: RE: [WKO+ #YVT-48437-969] Speed Oscillations
Thanks, Mike
marcus_at_peaksware
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:39:21 PM(UTC)

Hi mjsquillace,

I think this is related to another speed issue we've been seeing and should be corrected with the next site update.
Marcus Ward
Customer Success Manager
Systems Administrator
TrainingPeaks.com