Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please create a TrainingPeaks account or login. Once logged in, return to the forum by clicking "Forums" at the top right of your account.
HR monitor for swimming and stress score
qBot
#1 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 4:22:19 AM(UTC)

Is there any point in using a HR monitor for swimming in terms of stress score calculation done it TP?
I'm currently using Finis Swimsense but it can only show the pace when the workout is exported to TP (rest/mork intervals look more like a mess).
So is there any point in buying, say, Polar RCX5 that is capable of measuring HR while swimming?
Tom Manzi
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 7:36:12 PM(UTC)

If you have your t-time pace saved in your account( go to zones and add swim pace zone) then manually log in your swim time, only the amount of time you actually swam--not rest time, and log in distance in yards, you wll get a IF and TSS score(check stats page after you click on apply-you will see these two scores) and the scores will go into to Performance Management Chart.

Tom Manzi
Joe Friel's Training Bible Coaching
www.trainingbible.com
tmanzi@trainingbible.com
"You bring the passion, we apply the science"
Tom Manzi
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 7:43:20 PM(UTC)

Forgot to mention, no HR monitor needed for swim.
alias
#4 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 12:39:59 PM(UTC)

Tom Manzi;783678 wrote:
If you have your t-time pace saved in your account( go to zones and add swim pace zone) then manually log in your swim time, only the amount of time you actually swam--not rest time, and log in distance in yards, you wll get a IF and TSS score(check stats page after you click on apply-you will see these two scores) and the scores will go into to Performance Management Chart.

Tom Manzi
Joe Friel's Training Bible Coaching
www.trainingbible.com
tmanzi@trainingbible.com
"You bring the passion, we apply the science"

Very helpful. Thanks. I just completed a 1000m test on Saturday and used that time to update my swim pace in 'my settings.' My swim from this morning now has an IF and sTSS score but every swim prior to today has just an IF. I tried logging out and logging back in but to no avail. Is there a way for TP to retroactively assign an sTSS score to swim workouts in the past few weeks? Would be nice to see them reflected in my aggregate CTL in the PMC.

Thanks, Matt