Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please create a TrainingPeaks account or login. Once logged in, return to the forum by clicking "Forums" at the top right of your account.
Calendar workout/ATP auto-populate
vert2223
#1 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 6:23:00 AM(UTC)

Since the new interface update, my calendar no longer updates/auto-populates the workouts. Went through the VC wizard and then workouts appeared to the left of the calendar, where I then have to drag and drop them in place. Seems like the website should be able to do that for me. What am I missing?
support
#2 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:29:00 PM(UTC)

Chris,

For info on how to use the Virtual Coach in the new interface of TrainingPeaks, please see:
http://support.trainingp...ualcoach-atp-wizard.aspx
Thanks!

Matt Allen
Customer Support
Peaksware, LLC

Want to contact me? Please contact me here instead of Private Messaging me:
http://www.trainingpeaks.com/support/

Subscribe to the TrainingPeaks Blog to stay current on news and announcements:
http://blog.trainingpeaks.com/
DJflite
#3 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2010 3:08:00 PM(UTC)

Matt, All:

I hope this note finds you well.  After exploring the video and other helps, I'm going to second Chris on this one.   I don't see a way to auto-populate workouts in the linked how-tos, and that's really a time and headache saver.  On time, the auto-population has always worked out pretty well for me, and when I've had to adjust it's been a workout or two--that's different than having to drag and drop seven to ten.  And further, dragging and dropping is a real hassle on a widescreen laptop.  The touchpad (I don't carry a mouse with me) doesn't have enough "throw" to take the workouts in a clean shot from the left column to a workout towards the end of the week, meaning I've got to drag, drop, close out the auto-dialogues that come up, then drag and drop again just to get one workout in place; cumbersome. 

If I'm missing something on how to make this more efficient, please let me know.  For me, this one issue is by far been one single usability issue that's been the most frustrating with the new system.  Outside of this, I've really been pretty happy with my experience so far.  There's a lot more under the hood in this edition, that's for sure!

Thanks again for your time and attention to this matter.  Naturally, if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, just holler.  All the best, and of course, don't forget to:

Ride smart, stay safe, have fun.

Sincerely,
Dahron Johnson
Nashville, TN

e: djcontraption A att D net
p: six one five eight five two zero two four one
ArmedLeftist
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2010 10:46:00 AM(UTC)

I'll third that!
Quote:
DJflite - 2/19/2010 8:08 PM

Matt, All:

I hope this note finds you well.  After exploring the video and other helps, I'm going to second Chris on this one.   I don't see a way to auto-populate workouts in the linked how-tos, and that's really a time and headache saver.  On time, the auto-population has always worked out pretty well for me, and when I've had to adjust it's been a workout or two--that's different than having to drag and drop seven to ten.  And further, dragging and dropping is a real hassle on a widescreen laptop.  The touchpad (I don't carry a mouse with me) doesn't have enough "throw" to take the workouts in a clean shot from the left column to a workout towards the end of the week, meaning I've got to drag, drop, close out the auto-dialogues that come up, then drag and drop again just to get one workout in place; cumbersome. 

If I'm missing something on how to make this more efficient, please let me know.  For me, this one issue is by far been one single usability issue that's been the most frustrating with the new system.  Outside of this, I've really been pretty happy with my experience so far.  There's a lot more under the hood in this edition, that's for sure!

Thanks again for your time and attention to this matter.  Naturally, if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, just holler.  All the best, and of course, don't forget to:

Ride smart, stay safe, have fun.

vert2223
#5 Posted : Monday, March 01, 2010 7:32:00 AM(UTC)

Matt, I've looked over the instructions, and I don't see anything indicating an auto-populate feature similar to what was available in "classic" mode. Seems to me that instead of a "View Virtual Coach Workouts" button on the calendar it should be an "Add Virtual Coach Workouts" button that fills in that week's workouts on the calendar. Better yet, why doesn't the calendar just auto-populate when the ATP is calculated? All of the data is there, and I just want it in my calendar. If I need to adjust a few workouts manually that is no big deal. Having to manually drag/drop and then save/close 365 workouts is very inconvenient to say the least.
CoachCasson
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:36:00 PM(UTC)

I would like to see support for auto populating sessions from the virtual coach list into the calendar, but it needs to be controllable (a week at a time, for instance).

I only cherry pick one or two sessions from the list every now and then - so I definitely don't want the whole list auto-populated into the Calendar as soon as it is generated, that would be too far to the other extreme and it would take me forever to delete all the unwanted sessions.
Head Coach @ Cassonz Performance Coaching